Thursday, September 10, 2015

"Reason for the Season"

Hello stampers....
Thinking about Christmas cards already?  It's never too early to start as far as I'm concerned. 

I made this sample for a workshop I'm doing this week.  The hostess loves the color purple, so I chose Rich Razzleberry as my purple of choice. 

The stamp set is called "Reason for the Season" and is found in the current mini catalog.  I began by preparing the card base using my embossing buddy, and stamped the poinsettia image randomly on the card front using Versamark ink.  I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder, then heat set it with my heat gun.  The card base is a normal A2 sized card, 4-1/4" x 11" and scored at 5-1/2".

The strip of white cardstock measures 2" x 4-1/4".  I stamped the poinsettia in Stazon black ink, and colored the petals and leaves with Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive and Crushed Curry markers.  I added glitter pen (non-SU) and Dazzling Details in gold to the center.    The sentiment was stamped with Stazon.  This layer was glued to two 1/2" strips of gold glitter paper, then attached to the card front with Stampin'Dimensionals. 

The card really sparkles so much more in person!
 
Happy stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment