Sunday, October 18, 2015

updated Brutus

Good morning....
Today's post features an updated Brutus.  I replaced the top white layer with Garden Green, and added a 1" strip of Real Red cardstock and white lettering to make the end zone.  I used a chalk marker to draw the lines of the field.  I was lucky enough to find a scrapbook kit at the local craft store, so I punched the logo out of a 1" circle punch, then added it to a 1-1/4" black cardstock circle.

The "O" on the hat was cut from the sticker pack in the scrapbook kit, but I also picked up nail decals which also work on the hat.  They are just the perfect size.

I'm getting ready for a craft show in November, and I hope these will be a big seller.

Happy Stamping!

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Brutus punch art

Hello stampers.....
It's been a long time since I've posted.  I really don't know where September went!

I have been working on my October birthday cards, and I completed this punch art card for my nephew.  He graduated from Ohio State, so I wanted to do something suitable for a Buckeye fan.
This style of card is a "joy fold" where the top flap tucks underneath the circle on the lower left hand corner.  I've used this style quite a bit as I appreciate interactive type cards.

The punch art was created by cutting an oval from SU's oval framelits (#2 from smallest) out of Chocolate Chip cardstock.  The face was cut out of Crumb Cake cardstock using SU's Wide Oval punch.  The eyes came from SU's Bird Builder punch.  The nose was punched from SU's Trio punches (retired) and is about 3/8".   I cut the mouth out of SU's Small Oval punch (retired) in black cardstock, and the brim of the hat out of Real Red cardstock.  The top of the cap is a 1-3/8" circle punched from Smokey Slate.    The letters were cut from SU's Little Letters thinlits in the annual catalog.  The closure is a 1" circle in black cardstock, and a 3/4" circle  of DSP.  Both of the DSP's are from  retired paper stacks in Smokey Slate and Real Red.  I added a black dot to the center.

The card base is formed by a piece of black cardstock 4-1/4" x 8-1/2", scored at 3".  The flap that folds over measures 3-1/4" x 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4".

DSP measures 2-3/4" x 4" Real Red and 4" x 5-1/4" Smokey Slate.  The white cardstock for the front and inside sentiment measures 3" x 4".  

I drew the "O" free hand using markers with Real Red and Basic Black ink.  But I'm thinking the better alternative would be to purchase OSU nail decals if I can find them. I think they'd be the perfect size for his cap.