Monday, November 2, 2015

Christmas Gift Card Holder

Good morning!
With it being November already, it's time to start making those special gift card holders we will be needing for the holidays.

I found this layout designed by Linda Heller from  her site "Stamping School" however I altered the measurements to add additional layers and used some different cardstock colors.

The card features the stamp set "Snow Place" currently in the 2015 Holiday Catalog, along with the Merry Moments DSP stack.

I began by stamping with Whisper White layer (3-3/4" x 5") with the snowflakes using Smokey Slate ink.  The DSP strip measures 3" x 5", cut at an angle from one corner to a 1" mark on the opposite side.  The edges were wrapped around the bottom of the Whisper White layer, and I mitered the corners at an angle to remove excess bulk.  The DSP is glued on the back side of this layer, so your gift card will not get stuck.  I added a 1/4" strip of Cherry Cobbler cardstock over top of the edge of the DSP.  You could also use ribbon here.  This layer was then glued to a layer of Basic Black cardstock (4" x 5-1/4") and then added to a normal A2 sized card base of Cherry Cobbler.   I did the inside the same way, only I glued down the strip of DSP that I had removed from the front piece of DSP, and added another 1/4" strip of Cherry Cobbler.

I stamped the snowman, top hat, scarf and holly leaves on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock.  There are framelits that coordinate with this stamp set to make your job much easier.  I used Old Olive ink for the scarf and holly leaves.  The scarf needs to be trimmed down to fit the neckline of the snowman. I also used Pumpkin Pie and Soft Sky markers to color in the snowman.  The snowman was attached with Stampin' Dimensionals, being careful not to put them too far up on the back side  so you can still tuck the gift card into the pocket.  As a final touch of bling, I added Silver Dazzling Details to the centers of the snowflakes, and Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to the holly on his hat.
I hope you like today's sample and will try to make some yourself!

Happy Stamping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment