Friday, January 1, 2016

Simplest.Card.Ever

Hello Stampers!  Happy New Year!

Well the end of the year seemed to get away from me between work and getting ready for the holidays.   I am starting to get my samples ready for the upcoming Sale-a-Bration season that starts on January 5th.  Big WOO HOO for SAB!  January tends to be my least favorite month due to getting ready for tax season, but SAB always puts a smile on my face.

I found the layout for this card designed by Mary Brown at www.stampercamper.com   Mary always does a fabulous job with her cards, but this one really caught my eye.  You'd be amazed at how quickly this card comes together, yet looks so elegant.

The base layer is your normal A2 with a top fold (4-1/4" x 11" scored at 5-1/2") out of Crumb Cake cardstock.  The next layer is Whisper White cardstock, cut at 4" x 5-1/4".   The DSP layer is cut at
3-7/8" x 5-1/8".    Now I happened to use a retired print, but any DSP that you have with predominately a solid color underneath and a touch of white should be perfect.

The die cut image was cut out of thick Whisper White cardstock.  I cut 2, but Mary used 3 on her project, and they were all glued together. (Next time I plan on cutting one out of thin 2mm white craft foam, and one out of  cardstock and glue them together using the Tombow glue.) Then I glued them to the card front.  The die is from the set "Rose Garden Thinlits Dies" and the coordinating stamp set is called "Rose Wonder."  You can buy them as a bundle and save 15%.  I predict this set is going to be quite popular, so order yours early!

The sentiment was stamped on a piece of Whisper White cardstock using Soft Suede ink.  The piece of cardstock measured 7/8" x 2-3/4" and cut into a banner.  It was then added to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.  

Now how easy was that???   Mary made hers with the birthday greeting, and I happened to choose a sympathy.   There are many sentiments in the stamp set so it truly is a versatile choice for your stamp collection.  

I can see using this layout with other color choices too, using a shade of ink darker than whatever cardstock and DSP you've selected.  It still gives it a monochromatic look, but helps the sentiment stand out a bit more.

Blessings to you and yours in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment