Sunday, February 7, 2016

Valentine's Day card

Hello Stampers!

I've had a little bit of time to play with some of my new stamping toys.  Good thing since Valentine's Day is right around the corner.

On both cards I used Blushing Bride cardstock, and stamped the heart image using the same colored ink to make my own background.  The stamp set is from the current occasions catalog, and is called "Bloomin' Love."  Next I cut out the heart shape from the "Bloomin' Heart" thinlit die, but instead of paper I cut it from 2mm white craft foam.  I glued it down to the card front using Tombo glue.  The small flowers were stamped on scraps of Whisper White cardstock and cut out with the dies. I adhered them to the card front using the same glue, and added pearls to the centers.  A little bling was added with the clear Wink of Stella pen.  The banner was stamped on a scrap of white cardstock also, and cut out with the banner die located in the "Large Numbers" framelits dies.  Dimensionals were used to pop the banner over top of the heart.   A very easy card, but I think it looks elegant and that it took a lot more time.  I could see this heart being used for lots of other occasions like a wedding or anniversary card also.  As soon as I saw this set of dies, I knew right away it was going to be a keeper!

I liked changing the orientation of the card front, and felt it looked good either way.

Hope you find some time to stamp today (in between watching football and all the commercials!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment